SOCRON presents Multidisciplinary Cancer Management Course (MCMC) 2019August 23, 2019
Scholarship Opportunities Available For Young International SurgeonsAugust 23, 2019
Application period for the International Development and Education Award (IDEA) opens August 1!
The International Development and Education Award (IDEA) provides support for early-career oncologists in low- and middle-income countries to attend the ASCO Annual Meeting and visit a cancer center in the United States or Canada.
Modeled after the IDEA program, IDEA in Palliative Care is designed for those who are interested in palliative medicine. Both programs provide continuing medical education, assists in career development, and help recipients establish strong relationships with leading ASCO members who serve as scientific mentors. In addition, recipients receive three years of complimentary ASCO membership. IDEA and IDEA-PC are supported by Conquer Cancer®, the ASCO Foundation.
Applicants must meet the following criteria to qualify for the IDEA and IDEA-PC:
- Be a current resident of a country classified by the World Bank as an LMC and have limited resources to attend the ASCO Annual Meeting.
- Not have completed more than one academic year of “formal training” (for instance, attended medical school, participated in internships, fellowships, or residency programs) in a country classified by the World Bank as High-Income.
- Be a Full Member, Member-in-Training, or International Corresponding member of ASCO; or submit a membership application in one of these categories.
- Applicants should be less than 10 years past their oncology training program.
- Applicants must be fluent in English (both writing and speaking).
- Must have a demonstrated interest in integrating palliative and supportive care into his/her institution. This may be shown by attending courses on the topic, participating in related clinical activities, etc.(IDEA-PC Applicants Only)
Applications are due October 31, 2019, by 11:59 PM ET.
Visit the website to learn more