Apply for the ASCO Young Investigator Award (YIA)July 29, 2020
Apply for ASCO Long-Term International Fellowship (LIFe)July 29, 2020
The Global Oncology Young Investigator Award (GO YIA) provides research funding to early-career investigators to encourage and promote quality research in global oncology and to develop the next generation of researchers to address global health needs. Global oncology is a general term that refers to the application of the concepts of global health to cancer, and implies an approach to the practice of oncology that acknowledges the reality of limited resources in most parts of the world.
The Global Oncology Young Investigator Award is intended to support:
- Research by investigators in low resource settings on scientific questions specific to those settings. This research has potential to offer “reverse innovation” insights that could influence practice in a wide range of practice settings.
- Research by investigators in high resource settings on issues in resource-limited settings.
- Collaborative research (high and low resource investigators) on questions of shared concern, such as studying a cancer type that affects a small population in the U.S. but is common in another country.
Applicants are encouraged to be innovative in their research proposal. Proposed research projects could include, but are not limited to:
- Clinical and translational research
- Innovative care delivery
- Prevention and palliative care
- Implementation research
- Health Systems, Outcomes and Economics research related to cancer control and care.
For 2021, funding is available for the GO YIA (Request for Proposals) and GO YIA: Implementation Science to Address Oncology Care in LMICs (Request for Proposals)
Click here for details on available funding, eligibility criteria and application instructions on the ASCO website.